Friday 11 December 2009

New Year courses

I am hoping to get to at least one short course in the New Year and dithering between a weekend course in Pontypwl (good because don't need to take leave from work - but bad because rather a long journey........) and one in Bangor - mid-week (so would need to take leave); faster journey but more expensive course (with no food provided). Hmmm. Perhaps I should have had the foresight to realise that I would want to get back to my Welsh before I moved to England and so far away from any opportunities to speak Welsh. But this was many many years ago.

But at least I am relearning in a digital age with access to SC4; radio cymru on the web and podcasts to listen to whilst I am cycling. I am struggling to find enough audio in Welsh though and had to resort last week to listen to quite a long programme on Highland cattle whilst I was cycling home. Nothing against highland cattle - I like them - but it would not have been my choice of listening, not for a whole 40 minutes.

And I am going to try harder to keep writing in Welsh. Though I am now in the position where I email a few people in Welsh and talk on the phone sometimes so I am not just reliant on writing in the Welsh blog.

No comments: